When it comes to your chimney, we believe in providing accurate and reliable solutions tailored to your specific needs. To ensure we address all potential issues and offer permanent solutions, we conduct thorough chimney inspections. While our inspections are not free, they provide us with invaluable forensic information that enables us to identify problems accurately.
At Soot Soldiers, we understand the importance of a precise assessment. Our experienced team will meticulously examine your chimney, taking note of any underlying issues and potential areas of concern. This comprehensive inspection allows us to propose effective and lasting repair strategies that are tailored to your chimney’s unique requirements.
Your satisfaction is our priority, and our goal is to deliver results that exceed your expectations. Give us a call today at 570-630-7944 or use the chat feature on this website, and let’s have a conversation about your specific needs. Our dedicated team is ready to provide you with the professional guidance and exceptional service you deserve.
We follow the NFPA 211 Standards
The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA 211) is the Standard for Chimneys, Fireplaces, Vents, and Solid Fuel Burning Appliances and is considered the National Standard of Care or “Industry Best Practice.”
Performing chimney sweeping, inspections, or repairs without knowledge of NFPA 211 results in substandard and possibly dangerous conditions.
Level I Inspection
- We examine the readily accessible portions of the chimney and venting system.
- An inspection of the exterior and interior of the chimney from the outside, and roof is done to see any damage that might not be visible from below.
- We look for any obstructions that would stop draft in the chimney, or any combustible deposits that have developed inside the flue.
- The connection of the heating device to the chimney is inspected also.
This type of inspection should be done annually, along with the routine cleaning.
Level II Inspection (required upon sale or transfer of a property)
All parts of the Level I inspection are done along with:
- Examining all accessible areas in the attic, crawl spaces, and basement.
- Chimney interior is inspected from the roof, and from the basement.
- We again look for any deposits, or obstructions that might reduce the draft.
- We inspect the construction of the chimneys interior and exterior.
- Proper clearance from combustibles is also checked.
- A video scan of the interior of the chimney is done to see the condition of the interior of the chimney
Level II inspections are used when a level I inspection is not sufficient to determine the serviceability of the chimney.
Level III Inspection
All parts of the Level II inspection are completed along with the removal of components in the chimney to gain access to all areas. All internal and external areas are inspected. Level III inspections are usually reserved for insurance claims due to the fact that the chimney is demolished in the process to view every part of it.